Sunday, September 28, 2008

A few thoughts

It's been a long week. And a long weekend. I think I need a weekend from my weekend. Yep, that's the kind of week it's been.

Please pray for my friend's little boy. X has biliary atresia, a life-threatening liver disease, and is in the hospital now. He's just been listed for a liver transplant, and we're hoping that his father will be his match. This little boy is just a bit younger than Quinn, and has already been through so much in his life. I can't imagine going through what their family is dealing with, and all I can say is B, you're a stronger woman that I am, and I can only hope and pray that everything goes well with matching.

In other news, after spending the weekend battling with a seriously cranky, moody toddler, he reminded me why I love being a mother (and yes, I needed some reminding!) I went out for coffee with a friend, and left the boys with Garry. He put them to bed (he thought!) but when I got home I noticed that the light was on in their room. Went to turn it off, and found Eamon sitting quietly on his bed, reading a book and playing with some blocks (he's a multitasker like Mommy). As soon as he saw me, he smiled, moved everything out of the way, and laid down so I could tuck him in and give him his good night kiss. Apparently he was waiting up for me. I turned the light off, closed the door, and cried.

Moments like these, I know, are what make up for the days when I really just want to give him away, and are what I'll remember in ten years and cry about.

Moments like these are the reason I love being a mother.

1 comment:

Candi said...

We need those little reminders once in a while...they're what keep us going!