I blame the weather for both boys being sick. Eamon has an ear infection, Quinn STILL has his cold from Christmas. I hate having sick kids. I hate when they’re crying because they don’t feel well and can’t understand why. And Garry’s getting sick as well. He’s had a cough for the last few days and keeps saying that he’s cold, when it’s actually bordering on hot in the house. I’m sure I’m next, but really hoping that for once I won’t catch what everyone else has.
Latest news on the boys…
Eamon is 29 lbs now, getting to be a BIG boy. He learned the word squirrel yesterday, along with where squirrels live (in the big oak tree in the front yard). He’s starting to really use words to express himself, but with those words are coming some very strong opinions! The other night I was giving him his bath, and he yelled for Da-ee because Mommy wasn’t doing it right apparently. He is still obsessed with Happy Feet; he will stomp his feet (doing the dance) and yell feeeeee until you put the movie on for him, and then he’s content. We’re still dealing with the bottle obsession with him, but it’s slowly getting better; he’s coming to understand that Quinn has bottles because Quinn’s a baby, and Eamon’s a big boy, so he gets to drink out of big people cups... which means that he doesn’t want to drink out of bottles as much. He’s also starting to do things like put his own shoes on, or attempt to at least, and is becoming very opinionated about what outfits he wears and when. Last night, he informed Garry very seriously that he wears a sleeper to bed, not a t-shirt. It’s amazing to see how much he’s growing up and blossoming.
And Quinn – Quinn is my chunk. Quinn weighed in at a whopping 13 lbs 4 oz yesterday at the doctors, up 2 full lbs from his 2 month weight. He’s rapidly outgrowing his clothes and it’s a scramble to keep up with him. He’s determined to learn how to stand up before anything else, although he’s working on getting the rolling over skills down pat. We pulled out the Jumperoo for him on Sunday, and he was ecstatic! 45 minutes later he decided he was tired and wanted boob and then a nap. He loves it when the music and lights are playing, and gets quite upset when they stop and he can’t make them start again. He smiles, coos, laughs, and is almost always happy; it’s amazing to me how a baby can be so content and laid back! We’re starting to teethe a bit; lots of drool, lots of hand sucking/chewing, but luckily so far not a lot of crankiness. If he follows Eamon’s lead, he’ll be 6 months before we see a tooth! He’s starting to watch us when we eat, and looking a little interested in the idea of food, although he’s not quite ready yet to start trying anything.
I thought I might post a couple of pictures of the boys. These are from a month ago; I have more recent pictures on the camera that still need to be uploaded, which I’ll work on this week.
Eamon:

Quinn:

Brothers:
No comments:
Post a Comment