Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Only Tuesday?

It's only Tuesday. I'm dying for Friday and the weekend. I'm not sure why this week is dragging by so incredibly slowly, but it is. I'm watching the clock at work, and staring at the calendar hoping that magically the day will change and it will be Friday at 4 with only an hour left to work.

I learned a valuable lesson today. When breastfeeding, do not, ever, under any circumstances, leave the house for work when wearing a white sweater without putting breast pads into your bra. Especially not when your baby is going through a growth spurt and is not around to nurse for hours on end. Because if you forget this, you will find yourself suddenly looking like you belong in a wet t-shirt contest and your entire office will know that you're wearing a pink bra with white polka dots. Yep, not fun. I thank God that I had a sweater in the car that I could throw on over my shirt, because when this happened I still had 2 hours left at work.

Drama, drama, and more drama in the mommy world in Wichita. A local site I belong to is in the middle of a battle over whether to require members to start paying dues to support the website. One camp believes that it's only fair to pay dues, and the other side isn't sure it's really worth paying for. Personally, I'm of the opinion that if there were more activities that I could actually participate in (i.e. this wasn't basically a SAHM group with little room for anyone who actually has to work outside the home during the day), then I might be more inclined to pay dues. As it stands, I'm not entirely sure that it's really worth it to me. There's something just a little frustrating about having to pay for the privilege of watching other people have playgroups for their kids, with NO activities planned around the schedule of a mother who actually works. So, we'll see what happens and whether I decide to stay a member of the group. I'm not sure yet.

20 minutes and the work day is over. Of course, tomorrow is going to be sheer hell - high of 32, sustained winds of 20-40 mph, wind chill at or below 0, blowing snow to the point of blizzard. Yay. How the hell am I going to get the boys from the house the van and then the van to daycare without turning all of us into popsicles? I'm dreading tomorrow morning.

No comments: