Monday, December 29, 2008

Conversations with a toddler

So I realized today that I didn't post the conversation I had with Eamon just before Christmas. What made me think about it was another conversation I had with him tonight. So, I'm posting them both because I think they're adorable and hilarious.

First one - we were out looking at Christmas lights, and both boys dropped their cups. So we pulled into McDonald's parking lot so I could retrieve them. The conversation as I got back into the car went something like this:
Eamon (looking at the McDonald's sign) - Mommy I want french fries.
Me: We just had dinner at home.
Eamon - I hungry.
Me - We'll get a snack when we get home.
Eamon - I want French fries.
Me - I'm not buying French fries.
Eamon - Why?
Me - Because I don't want to spend the money.
Eamon - What money?
Me - Exactly my point.
Eamon (after a long pause) - Daddy got money. Daddy buy me french fries! (with an air of triumph).
Anyone else think Daddy buys french fries too often?

Conversation number two (today on the way home from daycare as we passed Pizza Hut)
Garry - What do you want for dinner, Eamon?
Eamon - That! (pointing at Pizza Hut)
Garry - What's that?
Eamon - Pizza!
Mind you, we've eaten at Pizza Hut ONCE and it was over a year ago - how does he know they serve pizza there???? It doesn't even have a PICTURE of pizza on the sign!

So yeah, my kid is cracking me up lately.

2 comments:

Colby Kids said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Candi said...

Too cute about the Pizza! Maybe he's seen it on their commercials? Mmmm...now I want pizza and french fries.