So, since I haven't posted in over a month, and I happen to have a little time right now, I thought I would go ahead and post quickly...
Almost Christmas, and I'm still not ready yet! Planning on going out this weekend and finishing up the Christmas shopping and getting everything organized and wrapped. I don't know that we're going to have a tree this year - with two toddlers and a dog in the house, it just seems like having a tree is going to create more stress than it's worth this year! Next year, definitely, but this year - we might just opt for putting all the presents on the mantel in front of the fireplace and doing it that way.
Eamon is currently fighting off a bout of pneumonia. Poor kid - I took him to the ER on Tuesday night with a fever over a 103 degrees AFTER Tylenol and a cool bath, and after much trauma (according to Eamon!) involving 4 different doses of meds, two shots, a breathing treatment, and two x-rays, we left with a handful of prescriptions and the diagnosis of pneumonia. Needless to say, I've been home with him the rest of the week and will be off work through Tuesday just in case. He's getting better slowly, although we've had a couple of bouts of high fevers and coughing that aren't fun for anyone.
Quinn is starting to throw mini tantrums. My little Mr Easy Going isn't quite as easy going any more as he gets further into toddlerhood, although mostly he's still pretty laid back. He just finished up with a bout of bronchitis, so he's been struggling as well with his health, but is on the mend except for a runny nose and occasional coughing thanks to drainage. His biggest news? We're walking! Yes, walking. He spends more time on his feet than crawling now, and is getting pretty good at getting around. Along with walking comes climbing, which he's become a downright expert at - sometimes it seems like there's nothing he can't climb up to or over. We have to constantly watch him or he's into everything.
I think I neglected to mention that we have a new roommate. Yes, a roommate. His name is Buddy, he weighs about 45 lbs, and has pretty silky hair. He's a 4 year old English setter that a hunter was giving away for free because he's gunshy, and so far has been an absolutely awesome dog to have around the house. He's fairly independent, likes hanging out outside, and doesn't eat the kids' toys or my shoes, so overall, we really like him. He's gaining weight thanks to Quinn's absolute fascination with feeding him - it's become Quinn's favorite past time - begging for food that immediately goes straight to the dog. Needless to say, Quinn and Buddy have quite a cordial relationship right now.
Garry is busy at work, as always, and I'm debating how much longer I want to continue working full time. We're currently looking at me going part time at work for a few months, and then possibly quitting to stay home and go back to college in the fall when Eamon will start preschool. Not sure yet what the plan is, but that's one idea that we have that might work, and I'm leaning towards that. Continuing to work until the spring, when it's nice enough that I can take the boys outside and let them entertain themselves/wear themselves down in the yard or at a playground, and then ultimately heading back to school myself while they attend preschool/daycare part time. It means a bit of a tighter lifestyle financially, but it's doable and that's the current direction we're going. The last few days have really reminded me how much I like being able to make my own schedule and hang out with the boys, as well as the fact that I really, really enjoy having time to myself away from kids!
I have new pictures of the boys to post soon - will try and get them posted this weekend sometime!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love you!
when you post the pics of the boys keep in mind that i'm still waiting on the famed promised picture my dear!
Post a Comment