Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

Garry and I were talking yesterday, on our way home with the boys from yet another grocery trip (we've only made about 6 in the last week getting ready for Thanksgiving, because we invariably forget something we need at each trip) about what we're thankful for this year. I thought I would write out my list of things that I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband, who even though he can be grouchy and sometimes really, really irritating, is still the most amazing husband and father I could have ever asked for.

I'm thankful for my two beautiful boys. Scooter, for all that he can drive me insane most of the time, is my little man, sometimes so grown-up, sometimes wanting nothing more than to cuddle with his mommy. And Quin, who is exactly one month old today, is a snuggle bug, and so laid back that sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky as to have such a relaxed little guy.

I'm thankful for Doc, who gets in the way constantly, refuses to learn how to close the back door after he bangs through it, and shreds newspaper in the backyard, but is so gentle with both of the boys and mostly behaves himself in the house.

I'm thankful for my parents, who have been nothing but supportive my entire life, and my sisters, with whom I've shared so many experiences, and though we fight sometimes, we can always make up over tea.

And I'm thankful that I get to spend Thanksgiving with those I love the most.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments: