We've been home from the hospital for a week, and Quin is eight days old today. It seems like time is flying for me; I'm already starting to have trouble remembering when I didn't have two little boys to take care of!
Quin had his first doctor's appointment yesterday. He weighed in at 6 lbs 5 oz (5 oz over his birth weight) and the doctor was pretty pleased by that. We also had his circumcision done yesterday - poor little guy! I feel guilty at times that we circ our boys, but at the same time, I've seen enough research to convince me that there is a medical reason for it, and besides, the agreement I have with Garry is that he makes those decisions for our boys, while I can make body modification decisions for any girls that we might have (earrings and the like).
Scooter went to daycare for a little while yesterday while we were at the doctor's office and seemed to have fun. I think getting him back into daycare next week will be a really good thing for him; he misses his friends and the routine will really help him out - he's one of those kids that just does better when he has a routine to follow. Plus I do better when I have a routine, so it should work out well for all of us. I can have some time to spend with Quin alone, and Scooter will have his friends in the mornings. Not to mention it's good practice for when I go back to work in January! We're seeing some increased separation anxiety with Scooter, and I would hate to keep him home with me non-stop until January, only to have to essentially throw him back into daycare again, with all the anxiety and misery that entails.
I'm doing well, all things considered. Pretty moody, but so far nothing more than the baby blues, I think. I'm watching myself pretty closely for signs of PPD since I'm so high risk for it, and so far all symptoms have been really transitory and easily resolved by taking a 5 minute timeout for myself. When the 5 minute timeouts stop working, I'll be calling the doctor to request some meds, since that's the first sign of a problem for me. Hopefully that won't happen, but I'm pretty well prepared for it, since I needed meds after Scooter was born to help control my moods.
Nursing is going awesome this time around! Scooter is starting to show a little interest in what I'm doing when I feed Quin, and I'm wondering if he will decide that he wants to try too. We'll handle that when it happens, I suppose. He doesn't seem to mind too much when I'm nursing Quin, so that at least is a good thing for us.
Quin will be waking up any time for a feed and a change, so I'm off to get ready for that! More pictures to come as soon as I get them downloaded from the camera!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment