Friday, August 8, 2008

It's been a crazy summer!

So, yes, I haven't posted in forever, but I have an excuse. Really. I do.

Here's the short version: I changed shifts at work and now work evenings. Garry changed jobs and is working for a new company. And we moved across town, which has entailed a lot of sweat, frustration, and just general stress. There's my excuse for not writing at all in the last several weeks. Good excuse, no?

Now, for the short update on us.

Quinn is cruising, determined to walk as soon as he can. He has 4 teeth, 4 more on the way, and eats more than Eamon does at most meals.

Eamon is becoming so much more verbal and it's absolutely wonderful to see (and hear). His vocabulary has just exploded over the last few weeks and we're really enjoying being able to start communicating with him. He's starting to get the hang of what timeout means, and now actually stays put in the timeout corner as requested, which is resulting in far less tantrums, which means that Mommy and Daddy's stress levels are down considerably.

Garry is busy with the new job. He's loving every minute of it, although it takes up more of his time than previously. But he's happy with the company and what he's doing, and that's the most important thing for him.

And me? I'm here, looking forward to the end of August when I get to change my shift at work. I managed to get an awesome shift - Monday through Friday, 9-5:45. It was my second choice for hours, so I can't complain about it, and it will be nice to have my weekends back with my family.

I'll get pictures of the house and the kids posted soon, hopefully this weekend. And hopefully one day soon we'll have some family pictures to share, since I don't think we have a single picture of all four of us. Sad, no?

No comments: