Friday, September 21, 2007

Insomnia

It's 4:15 am on a Friday morning and I'm wide awake. I woke up to Thumper kicking me like crazy and couldn't get back to sleep again, so here I am, on the computer, surfing the internet. I would love to go back to sleep again, but since the alarm is going off in about half an hour anyway, and I would be up in the next hour or so, I don't see much point. I figure I might as well stay up.

We got Scooter's hair cut yesterday for the first time. No pictures yet, but I'm planning on taking some tonight after work and adding those here if I can manage to get a few good ones. It's a little shorter in the front than we were wanting, but very cute. He has his 18 month appointment at the doctor's today - I'm looking forward to seeing how much he's grown in the last three months! He's almost outgrown all his summer clothes, so I'm guessing he's at least gotten taller, and he feels like he's put some weight on, although as I get more and more pregnant, it could just be something as simple as I'm less able to carry him!

Tomorrow will be fun but busy - we're headed to the Scottish festival and Highland Games about an hour north of here. We took Scooter last year, and even at 6 months he was utterly fascinated by the pipes and drums. This year I'm sure he'll be even more interested, given his love of music. We're talking about taking Doc along with us; I need to double check and make sure they allow pets on leashes to go. I can't wait - they have a stall that sells the most amazing meat pies that remind me of my childhood and I've been craving them since last year's festival!

Garry is working insane hours lately. This week has been decent, but he'll be going into work on Sunday and staying late most of the week next week and probably the week after. The good news is things should really slow down again after the first week of October and stay that way for a while. I'm really hoping that's the case, as it's getting harder to get around and chase Scooter. I honestly can't believe that in 5 weeks or so we'll have another little man around this house - I'm outnumbered in a big way!

This seems to have turned into a ramble, so I think I'm going to wrap it up for now and go find more pictures to add on here. We've taken some lately that I want to show off.

No comments: